Module 1: How do we see color?
Physics 142's main page is http://physics.unl.edu/~rpeg/phys142/index.html
Notes of the day, 9/27/00
Notes from previous days
- Exams will be held in class on Fridays, rather than on Thursday evening. First exam is this Friday, from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
- Too late for your first paper, but next time you need research article information, try the Web of Science: http://www.unl.edu:2020/journals/iris/webofsci.html
- Sample solutions for some of the recitation exercises are posted below.
- Bonus activities are posted ... see links in the "Assignments, etc." section below. Let me (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any problems seeing the bonus files.
- Paper topics chosen are now posted. (Papers / Presentations due 9/26/00!!)
- National Taiwan Normal University, Virtual Physics Laboratory http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/~hwang/.
Select: light/optics from the menu
- For logarithm help, try a web search. I found 36000 pages on "logarithms" using Yahoo. Try the the advanced problems (with solutions!) on this page: http://math.usask.ca/readin/log.html.
- For recitation next week (9/19/00), be ready to turn in answers for one solar-filter material on the yellow handout from last week's recitation (9/5/00)
- Webtests are now due 40 hours after they are posted, or at 10:30 AM on the day of lecture ... whichever is later.
- If you can't read files ending in ".pdf", your computer may be missing Adobe's (free!) Acrobat Reader, and/or the Acrobat Reader plugin for your web browser. Try http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html.