5) Assume that the capacitor is fully charged. When the switch is first
closed so the battery is no longer in the circuit,how much charge is on
the capacitor C? What is the potential difference Voacross the plates?
6)Is the current in the circuit a maximum or a minimum right after
the switch is closed? Does this current flow throughthe capacitor?
7) How is the potential difference across the resistor related to that
across the capacitor?
8) What happens to the potential difference across the capacitor as
charge drains away from it? Explain.
9) What happens to the potential difference across the resistor at the
same time? Explain.
10) If the potential across the resistor starts to change what must
happen to the current in the circuit? Explain.
11) Why does the draining of charge from the capacitor eventually
stop? Why does the current in the circuit go to zero?